Ever wanted to work for The Everymom? Well now is your chance–we’re looking for some new faces and new talent to join our team! If interested in one of the available positions, please follow the directions below. We can’t wait to read your applications!
Part-Time Associate Editor
Are you a mom with an honest, tell-it-like-it-is sense of humor (er-sarcasm?)? Have a knack for writing and want to share your experiences with other moms? Do you feel like you have so much to say – but no one will listen? Join The Everymom team!
We’re looking for a big personality to join our small and growing team at The Everymom. This part-time position will involve working closely with our Managing Editor to pitch, write, organize, and manage high-performing, engaging content for our new site The Everymom, as well as produce video content for our social media channels. It could also include managing writers or interns, producing photo shoots, traveling to cover stories, and more.
Given the size of our ever-growing start-up, you’ll quickly see you have your hands in a lot more than that. You’ll work closely with the editorial team to draft and manage The Everymom newsletter, social channels, giveaways, sponsored content, etc.
- Pitching and writing multiple story ideas per week relating to motherhood – ideally with a witty, honest approach (pregnancy, life with children, balancing career and motherhood, partner and marital topics, cooking, living, traveling with kids, etc.). PLEASE NOTE: this is a writing-heavy role
- Pitching and producing engaging content for our Instagram and YouTube channels
- Brainstorm with editorial team on creative ways to integrate branded content
- Sourcing images, formatting stories to be presented in the most engaging, helpful way
- Sourcing and linking relevant, stylish products for shopping posts to meet quarterly revenue goals
- Copywriting headlines or full articles when needed, sourcing pull-quotes in stories, linking up products for shopping posts
- Researching trending topics and stories
- Work with assistant editor for strategic newsletter development
- Work with assistant editor to manage and track performance on social channels of The Everymom: Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
- Work with assistant editor to manage submission box for pitches and reader questions
- Knowledge of Photoshop a bonus
- Attending events or sponsored programs on behalf of the brand (less frequently)
3-5 days a week, ideally a mix of working remote and in Chicago office; potential to become full-time
Dependant on experience.
Email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “ASSOCIATE EDITOR FOR THE EVERYMOM” about why you’re the perfect candidate for this exciting new role! Please include your current city. Preference for local Chicago candidates but willing to consider hiring remote for exceptionally strong candidates.
- at least 5 headlines/story ideas you’d love to see covered on The Everymom on various relevant topics
- at least 3 women you’d want to see profiled on The Everymom – either for their career, their home, their story, or another relevant issue
- your 3 best writing samples on the topics of or related to motherhood/parenting/lifestyle/advice/or other relevant topics
- Link to any video work you’ve produced so we can see your personality – this includes YouTube or Instagram and Instagram stories
The email application should have no attachments. Only links. Cover letter should be directly in the body of the email.
Thursday, December 13 by 8 pm CST
The Everygirl is hiring editorial interns for winter 2018. If interested, please email email@example.com with the following:
- cover letter in the body of the email detailing why you want to work at The Everygirl
- links to your resume and portfolio
- links to 3 writing clips
- at least 5 story ideas that you haven’t yet seen on our site
Applicants must be located in Chicago and able to work 2 days per week with 1 day per week in our Chicago office. Monthly travel stipend is offered. NO ATTACHMENTS PLEASE.
All applications must be received by Friday, 12/7 by 11 pm CST.