The Everygirl Media Group is hiring! We’re looking for knowledgeable, passionate, and driven individuals to join our team in a variety of fully remote positions. Working at The Everygirl Media Group means being part of an exciting, creative, and collaborative team. The ideal candidates share our passion for delivering high-quality, engaging, and relatable content with our audiences. If you believe you’re a good fit for one of the below opportunities, we want to hear from you!
Part-Time Email Editor, The Everygirl Media Group
Over the past eight years, The Everygirl Media Group has grown to become a household name in online media, providing millions of women around the globe with a daily dose of inspiration and guidance. By offering detailed in-depth features, career profiles, relatable first-hand accounts, and how-to guides, The Everygirl inspires women toward leading a well-rounded, financially sound, and stylish life.
The Email Editor manages all aspects of the email channel including strategy development, email campaign planning, testing and reporting. Implementing email and SMS strategies to increase audience engagement, retention, and growth.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
- Ideate and execute The Everygirl and The Everymom’s weekly newsletter content and special sends.
- Edit newsletter content to adhere to The Everygirl and The Everymom style, brand voice, authority, and comprehensiveness.
- Work closely with the Managing Editors and graphics team to create engaging newsletter content that speaks to trending topics.
- Optimize A/B testing, subject lines and other content when appropriate, to improve reader engagement.
- Write longform newsletter content as needed that adheres to The Everygirl and The Everymom style and voice standards and enhances our connection to readers.
- Manage email promotion of major editorial initiatives and special projects.
- Report weekly email results and metrics to Editors in Chief
- Manage the campaign/content calendar by partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Ideate potential newsletter topics to attract readers based on analytics.
- Project manage newsletter initiatives as needed, including upgrades to templates, new graphic elements, and progress tracking.
- Manage campaigns and email lists.
- Deliver a proficient knowledge of HTML and other web technologies, as well as firsthand experience with email analytical tools and Google Analytics.
- Partner with the social team to optimize results by A/B testing, creative and CTAs.
- Ability to think critically and make optimization decisions based on data analytics
- Develop KPIs to measure both the short-term and long-term success of email and mobile campaigns.
- Strong editorial judgment, command of the English language and grammar, and ability to multitask
- Experience with newsletter platforms like Mailchimp or Silverpop preferred
- Experience sending email newsletters for a media brand
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with Canva or similar design platform
- Experience working with Google Workspace
- Ability to organize workload to accommodate evolving priorities
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Strong project management skills and strong verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- At least 2-3 years’ experience managing editorial email processes
- College degree required
- Commitment to diversity
- Has an “own-it” attitude and willing to take on accountability
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability and willingness to take on challenges and roll up the sleeves to make things work
- Demonstrate professional maturity and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Familiarity with The Everygirl Media Group brands preferred
- Email [email protected] with the subject line [Job Title-Your Name, City, State].
- Your cover letter and salary requirements should be pasted in the body of the email. Include links to your **(links to your portfolio website, Dropbox or Google drive should not be private; Attachments will not be reviewed)**
- 2-5 examples of emails you have created
- Visit TheEverygirl.com and TheEverymom.com, and craft two compelling subject lines for each brand based on content you see on the homepages
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Everygirl Media Group embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.