Are you artistic, driven, and excited at the thought of creating beautiful, eye-catching graphics that will be shared by people across social media? Do you have an eye for beautiful imagery? Geek out over typography? Then you might be the right woman to join our growing team at The Everygirl and The Everymom.
Junior Graphic Designer / Video Editor for The Everygirl Media Group
We’re looking for a graphic designer with a knowledge of video editing and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment to join us full-time in our Chicago, IL office. You’ll create graphics for our website, marketing materials (online and printed), social media channels (Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest), and more, working within our brand’s look and feel to create engaging, digestible, clickable content.
You’ll also work on producing engaging video content to help bring our brand to life across channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with The Everygirl and The Everymom editorial teams on design assets for a variety of projects including graphics for the websites, social media channels, video, partnership materials, and more
- Strategizing, creating, scheduling, and sending out a weekly newsletter for both The Everygirl and The Everymom using highly engaging graphics
- Creating graphics for all social channels — both from pre-made templates and creation of new graphics — for The Everygirl and The Everymom
- Brainstorming new ideas for graphics for the brand across channels including website, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Video production from start to finish including pitching, shooting, editing, uploading/posting
- Researching trending topics and stories to help guide graphics and video content creation
- In-Depth Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator
- Video editing skills required (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, etc.)
- Comfortable being on camera (shooting for Youtube, Instagram Stories, etc.)
- Digital lettering skills preferred (iPad Pro, Apple Pencil)
- Ability to work Independently on multiple projects under a tight deadline
- Experience working in media a plus
40+ hours per week; a mix of working remote and in Chicago office
Dependent on experience. Please clearly list salary expectations with application.
Email cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “GRAPHIC DESIGNER/VIDEO EDITOR APPLICANT” by Friday, May 24 about why you want to join The Everygirl Media Group and why you’re the perfect candidate for this exciting role!
Cover letter should be directly in the body of the email.
Chicago-area candidates only.
- Link to online portfolio of graphics work (no Dropbox links or attachments)
- Link to online portfolio of any video production/editing work (no Dropbox links or attachments)
- Examples of your handwriting/lettering as inspiring quotes and graphics
- Link to resume denoting graphic design and video experience
The email application should have no attachments. Only links.