Ever wanted to work in online media?! Does being a part of an ever-evolving team and growing start-up excite you? Well now is your chance — we’re looking for some new faces and new talent to join our team at The Everymom!
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please follow the directions below. We are looking to fill these positions ASAP. We can’t wait to read your applications!
Contributing Editor for The Everymom
Do you want to be a part of a creative team and share your experiences with other moms? Join The Everymom team! We’re looking for writers with honest, humorous, personal, and, most importantly, real views of motherhood to join our small and growing team at The Everymom.
This part-time (2-3 days a week) and possibly remote position will involve working closely with our Managing Editor and Senior Content Editor to pitch, write, organize, and manage high-performing, engaging content for The Everymom. The ideal candidate understands and relates to motherhood (whether it’s from your own personal experience or from having moms as family members or close friends) and is fully immersed and interested in mom culture and trends.
Given the size of our ever-growing start-up, you’ll quickly see you have your hands in more than writing articles for The Everymom. You’ll work closely with the editorial team to brainstorm and pitch interesting and informative article ideas, help contribute first-person content for our social channels (including Instagram and Instagram Stories), and help create sponsored content. Contributing Editors are also encouraged to attend (either in-person or via Skype) The Everymom’s weekly team meetings and regular brainstorms and occasionally attend events or sponsored programs on behalf of the brand.
- Pitching and writing 4+ story ideas per week relating to motherhood, ideally with a witty, honest approach (pregnancy, life with children, balancing career and motherhood, partner and marital topics, cooking, living, traveling with kids, etc.).
- Brainstorm with editorial team on creative ways to integrate branded content.
- Sourcing images and formatting stories to be presented in the most engaging, helpful way.
- Sourcing and linking relevant, stylish products for shopping posts to meet quarterly revenue goals.
- Copywriting headlines or full articles when needed, sourcing pull-quotes in stories, linking products for shopping posts.
- Researching trending motherhood topics and stories.
- Regularly contribute to the brand’s social media channels especially Instagram and Instagram Stories.
- Attending (either in-person or remotely via Skype) The Everymom’s weekly team meetings and regular brainstorms.
- Occasionally attending events or sponsored programs on behalf of the brand.
This is a part-time position, 2-3 days per week, either in our Chicago office or remote. (If remote, hours should coincide with being available 9am-5pm CST on days worked.)
Chicago, IL or Remote
Hourly rate dependent on experience. Please list hourly requirement with application.
Email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “CONTRIBUTING EDITOR FOR THE EVERYMOM” and tell us why you’re the perfect candidate for this exciting new role!
Cover letter should be directly in the body of the email.
- At least 5 headlines/story ideas you’d love to see covered on The Everymom on various relevant topics that you haven’t seen previously covered on the site
- Your 3 best writing samples on the topics of or related to motherhood/parenting/lifestyle/advice/or other relevant topics
- Links to any relevant social channels: Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Link to resume
The email application should have no attachments. Only links.
All applications must be received by Wednesday, September 11 by 12 pm CST.