Ever wanted to work in online media?! Does being a part of an ever-evolving team and growing start-up excite you? Well now is your chance — we’re looking for some new faces and new talent to join our team at The Everymom here in Chicago!
If you are interested and qualified for one of the available positions, please follow the directions below. We are looking to fill the position ASAP. We can’t wait to read your applications!
Social Media Editor for The Everymom
Do you want to be a part of a creative team and share your experiences with other moms? Join The Everymom team!
We’re looking for a big personality to join our small and growing team at The Everymom. This full-time position will head up the strategy and growth of all of our social media channels @theeverymom as well as work closely with our Managing Editor and Senior Content Editor to pitch, write, organize, and manage high-performing, engaging content for TheEverymom.com. It could also include marketing and growth strategy, producing photo shoots, traveling to cover stories, and more.
Given the size of our ever-growing start-up, you’ll quickly see you have your hands in a lot more than that. You’ll work closely with the editorial team to draft and manage The Everymom newsletter, social channels including Instagram, giveaways, sponsored content, etc.
- Strategizing, managing, creating and posting daily content to all of The Everymom’s social media channels including Instagram, Instagram stories, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter – includes sourcing images and creating compelling graphics
- Monitoring engagement, traffic, and comments of all social media channels while testing new methods to increase performance
- Reporting on performance at weekly team meetings
- Pitching and writing 2+ story ideas per week relating to motherhood — ideally with a witty, honest approach (pregnancy, life with children, balancing career and motherhood, partner and marital topics, cooking, living, traveling with kids, etc.)
- Sourcing and linking relevant, stylish products for shopping posts to meet quarterly revenue goals
- Researching trending topics and stories
- Work with graphic designer and managing editor to develop and manage our compelling weekly newsletter
- Experience and working knowledge of Photoshop required – creating graphics for Instagram is a daily part of the job so the more comfortable you are the better!
- Attending events or sponsored programs on behalf of the brand
40+ hours per week; a mix of working remote and three days in our Chicago office
Dependent on experience. Please list salary requirement with application.
Email cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR FOR THE EVERYMOM” about why you’re the perfect candidate for this exciting new role!
Chicago-area candidates only. You do not need to be a mom to apply for this position.
Cover letter should be directly in the body of the email.
Choose 2 articles from theeverymom.com archives and compose how you would promote it on Instagram to get followers to click over or engage: you can either choose a photo or create a graphic, and write a caption for each (in our voice) as you would promote it on Instagram
Write 3 broad topic ideas for Instagram stories content (product or article round-ups, live action, recipes, q&a, etc.)
Write 3 pithy tweets for the weekend, a mix of original content and shares from our site and other sites
- Share 3 Pinterest accounts you follow and love
Draft 5 headlines/story ideas you’d love to see covered on The Everymom on various relevant topics
- Include links to your 3 best writing samples on the topics of or related to motherhood/parenting/lifestyle/advice/or other relevant topics
- Link to any relevant social channels: Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Link to resume and/or online portfolio
The email application should have no attachments. Only links.
All applications must be received by Tuesday, 8/27 by 8pm CST.