Last revised: May 17, 2017
1. Ownership of the Site
2. Site Access, Security and Restrictions; Passwords
You may not use any scraper, crawler, spider, robot or other automated means of any kind to access or copy data on the Site, deep-link to any feature or content on the Site, bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Company will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site.
3. Accuracy and Integrity of Information
Although Company attempts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the Site, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site and Content thereon. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform Company so that it can be corrected. Company reserves the right to unilaterally correct any inaccuracies on the Site without notice. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice. Additionally, Company shall have no responsibility or liability for information or Content posted to the Site from any non-Company affiliated third party, and Company makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of any such information or Content.
4. Links to Other Sites; Third Party Advertisements
In addition, a link to a non-Company website or an advertisement for a third party product does not mean that Company endorses or accepts any responsibility for the use of such linked website, or for the content on an such linked website, including any products advertised or sold thereon. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use, purchase or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES THROUGH LINKS TO NON-COMPANY WEBSITES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PAYMENT AND DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, AND ANY TERMS, CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SUCH COMMUNICATIONS AND DEALINGS, ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE APPLICABLE THIRD PARTY. IF YOU DECIDE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, YOU DO THIS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
5. User Generated Content, Reviews, Feedback and other Postings to the Site
If you submit, upload or post any articles, comments, ideas, suggestions, information, files, videos, images or other materials to us or our Site (“User Generated Content”), you agree not to provide any User Generated Content that (1) is defamatory, abusive, libelous, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, fraudulent, pornographic, or harmful, or that could encourage criminal or unethical behavior, (2) violates or infringes the privacy, copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secrets or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or (3) contains or transmits a virus or any other harmful component. You agree not to contact other Site users through unsolicited e-mail, telephone calls, mailings or any other method of communication. You represent and warrant to Company that you have the legal right and authorization to provide all User Generated Content to Company for the purposes and Company’s use as set forth herein. Company shall have a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the User Generated Content in whatever manner Company desires, including without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such User Generated Content and/or incorporate such User Generated Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world. Company is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any User Generated Content in confidence; (2) to pay to you any compensation for any User Generated Content; or (3) to respond to any User Generated Content.
Company does not regularly review posted User Generated Content, but does reserve the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any User Generated Content submitted to the Site. You grant Company the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any User Generated Content. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any User Generated Content. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any User Generated Content you make. Company and its affiliates take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Generated Content submitted by you or any third party.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless from and against all third party claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) against or incurred by Company arising out of any User Generated Content you post or allow to be posted to the Site.
6. Claims of Copyright Infringement
We disclaim any responsibility or liability for copyrighted materials posted on our site. If you believe that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow the procedures set forth below.
Company respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to notices of alleged infringement that are reported to Company’s Designated Copyright Agent, identified below.
Notices of Alleged Infringement for Content Made Available on the Site
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through our Site by sending us a notice (“Notice”) complying with the following requirements.
- Identify the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and that access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
“I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
“I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to our Copyright Agent:
845 W. Fulton Market #208
Chicago, Illinois 60607
7. Disclaimer of Warranties
COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND TITLE/NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND LINKED WEBSITES. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE PROGRAMMING. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING PROCEDURES SUFFICIENT TO SATISFY YOUR NEEDS FOR DATA BACK UP AND SECURITY.
8. Limitation of Liability Regarding Use of Site
COMPANY AND ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THIS SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, AND/OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR LINKED WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. TO THE EXTENT ANY ASPECTS OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE NOT ENFORCEABLE, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS).
9. Dispute Resolution; Arbitration Agreement.
We will try work in good faith to resolve any issue you have with Site if you bring that issue to the attention of our customer service department. However, we realize that there may be rare cases where we may not be able to resolve an issue to a customer’s satisfaction.
YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Company agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
10. Revisions; General
Last modified: March 29, 2022
- on our Site;
- in email, and other electronic messages between you and our Site;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us or through the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Platform, make any purchases through the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Platform or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
INFORMATION WE COLLECTION ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, credit, or debit card information (for processing donation payments only), and other information you choose to submit to submit to us (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access or use the Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our sales partners, affiliates and other business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering with us or requesting our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- Usage and Equipment Information. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, for example, details of your visits to our Site, such as traffic data, location, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Site, error information, clickstream data, sales impressions, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Site; and
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- improve our business operations and services offering;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Information From Third Parties
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify information provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with the Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you;
- to process, fulfill, support, and administer purchases of products or services and other related transactions (including processing credit card and debit card transactions) that you request and we agreed to provide;
- to deliver products to you;
- to register and service your The Everygirl account;
- to contact you about your orders or in response to a request;
- to administer quizzes, surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, and contests;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site, or any related products or services we offer or provide through the Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your Account Preferences page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- to third parties who may offer you products and services of interest;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by The Everygirl about our Site users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and,
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to affiliates and third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Everygirl, customers, supporters, partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Targeted Advertising. Mediavine will use information that we collect or you provide to deliver advertisements according to your preferences. If you wish to opt-out of such use, you may do so at any time by contacting us by email or otherwise as indicated in our Contact Information, however if you disable these types of cookies, you may still see advertising on ours or our third-party advertising partner sites, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to your interests.
You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info). We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Please Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns about our collection or use of your Personal Data. You can access and modify certain Personal Data we have about you through your account page on our Site or you can contact us by email or otherwise as indicated in our Contact Information below. Please notify us of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your The Everygirl accounts. We may not be able to delete certain Personal Data if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
The Everygirl and our service providers also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party platforms or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to Platform and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a username and password in connection with the use of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site, or in your operating system.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Site who are California residents and who provide Personal Data in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Data and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Data with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding such activities in 2020). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us using the Contact Information below.
DATA RETENTION PERIODS
The Everygirl will retain your Personal Data for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legitimate interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies.; and
- for data that is publicly available, has been aggregated, or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
How to Contact Us:
The Everygirl Media Group, LLC
845 W. Fulton Market, Suite 208 | Chicago, IL 60607
Email: [email protected]
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.