I loooooove Thanksgiving. There is something so cozy about gathering with your family, enjoying a delicious meal, and expressing gratitude that is just so warm. Of course, we can’t forget the all-too-familiar background noise of Thanksgiving: football games on TV in the living room while a team preps the food in the kitchen, cousins laughing over a game of cards, or the microwave beeping when Grandpa complains his food is too cold.
People always say to me: “But, Jess, how can you love Thanksgiving so much?! The whole point is the meal, and you don’t even eat turkey!” (I’m serious, this has happened many times. For context, I’m a vegetarian.) And to that I say: turkey is overrated. It’s all about the sides.
Also, other than the love of family and gratitude I described above, my favorite part of Thanksgiving? The outfits. My mom, sister, and I have a long-standing tradition of picking out cute new outfits every year, and I love it so much. Although our Thanksgiving celebration will be much smaller this year, I’m still looking forward to picking out a cute and cozy outfit for my family’s day at home.
So whether your family is just staying at home this year, you’re hopping on a Zoom call, or you’re attending a small gathering, we’ve got all the looks you need. Here are five mom-approved outfits to wear this Thanksgiving:
1. Playing chef: jeans + puff-sleeve top + apron
2. When you want to look good but feel like you’re in PJs: sweater dress + leopard headband + gold jewelry
3. Perfectly cozy chic: mock-neck sweater + jeans + trendy accessories
4. Dressed up with no where to go: maxi dress + booties + gold jewelry
5. Thanksgiving, meet 2020: leggings + peplum tee + long cardigan