Not only is winter my least favorite season of the year (mostly due to the lack of daylight), it also presents us with a whole new challenge: how can we possibly look cute while wearing seven layers of clothing? If you’re someone who loves fashion, you have to get very creative in how to look good and stay warm—or consider the alternative, which is to just freeze.
Lucky for us, winter fashion is evolving. Brands are stepping up their game and producing some of the cutest coats, sweaters, and winter accessories that I’ve ever seen. Not to mention one of the biggest trends of the last few years: sherpa (a sincere thank you to whoever decided wearing something reminiscent of a bathrobe was trendy).
There is one plus side to winter, however, and that is outdoor snow activities. If you’re skiing, snowboarding, sledding, or just playing outside with your kids in the next few months, we have a look for you.
Scroll on for five snow outfits to look cute while playing outside with your kids:
1. For extra cold days: snow pants + fleece turtleneck + parka
2. For an Aspen-chic vibe: fleece-lined leggings + ribbed turtleneck + sherpa-lined puffer + ear warmer
leggings (on sale!) / turtleneck / puffer (50% off) / boots / mittens / headband / mask
3. For “light participation” in the actual snow: leggings + oversized hoodie + puffer + sherpa boots
4. For skiing or sledding: snow pants + mock-neck top + puffer
5. For walking in a winter wonderland: warm leggings + fleece sweatshirt + bright puffer + ear warmer
leggings / leggings (maternity) / sweatshirt (50% off) / puffer (on major sale!) / Uggs / ear warmer / mask