When winter rolls into town and the temperatures drop (as they have very suddenly here in Chicago), running errands and completing day-to-day tasks go from only requiring shorts and a tank top to needing what feels like a dozen layers in order to merely survive.
When it’s freezing out, it can be challenging to crawl out from beneath the covers, let alone actually get dressed and go outside. But hear me out: the key to surviving winter is having a few go-to outfits that you can treat as your wear-everywhere uniform. Investing in a few cute, snuggly items that you’re as excited to put on as your flannel pajamas will ensure you feel as warm as you are chic every time you leave the house. Toss your pilled, old scratchy sweaters and try these outfits out this season.
1. Olive coat + white sweater + leggings + sherpa boots
2. Leather leggings + grey sweatshirt + puffer vest + slip-on sneakers
3. Sweater + sherpa zip-up + skinny jeans + leopard loafers
4. Oversized sweater + distressed denim + loafers + statement headband
5. Camel coat + black sweater + light-wash jeans + chelsea boots + blanket scarf