OK, OK, I know a lot of people would argue that March is the worst month of the year—but I would like to throw February into the mix. It’s freezing cold (we have a lovely high of nine degrees in Chicago this weekend), the magic aspect of snow has been lost, and spring feels so very far away.
So as I gear up for another long February, I have set my sights on something that might make it just a tad bit better: embracing the cold and wearing cozy winter outfits. I am looking at it in the light of February being one of the last months of the year to wear things like comfy oversized sweaters, trendy winter boots, and my extensive coat collection.
We put together a few super cute and mom-friendly cold weather outfits that are fitting for everything from running a few errands to a winter family walk to lounging at home with a glass of wine. This winter’s biggest trends—such as chunky knits, bright colors, monochrome, and sherpa—only have a little bit of time left in the spotlight, so try them before they’re gone!
Keep scrolling for the six cold weather outfits to wear this month:
1. Oversized sweater + faux leather leggings + teddy coat
2. Hoodie + matching beanie + overcoat + light-wash jeans
hoodie (only $20!) / jeans / coat / boots / beanie
3. Half-zip sweatshirt + bright puffer + leggings
4. Matching velour lounge set + gold chain + slippers
5. Long-sleeve tee + jogger leggings + lightweight jacket + baseball cap
6. Mock-neck sweater + black jeans + puffer coat + plaid scarf