Although denim shorts are definitely a summer wardrobe essential, they can be very hard to get right. It’s difficult to find a pair that fits well, is flattering, and most importantly, is comfortable to wear (no one wants to deal with constantly tugging them down, am I right?). And then once you do find a pair you love, they can be hard to style.
Personally, I am beyond thankful that the denim shorts that are on-trend this year are longer, more relaxed, and generally more comfortable to wear. I searched high and low to find the best jean shorts on the internet—and I rounded up six unique pairs that are editor-approved, reader favorites, and affordable, too.
Whether you want to stick to a classic look (like in outfit #2) or get out of your comfort zone and try something a little more trendy (like in outfit #3), these looks will help you to look cute and feel good in your denim shorts throughout the rest of the summer.
Keep scrolling for six mom-approved ways to style your denim shorts.
1. Relaxed denim shorts: with an oversized graphic tee and belt bag
(psst… all of the accessories in this look are on Amazon Prime!)
2. Black denim shorts: with a striped tee and white sneakers
3. Paperbag waist denim shorts: with a sweater tank and chic accessories
shorts / tank (50% off) / sandals / tote (on sale!) / sunglasses /
4. Distressed denim shorts: with an oversized button-down and slide sandals
5. White denim shorts: with a puff-sleeve top and light-colored accessories
6. Medium-wash denim shorts: with an eyelet blouse and espadrille sandals
shorts (only $35!) / blouse / sandals / hoops / scrunchie
(psst… this entire look is from Old Navy!)