As much as I adore my jeans, sweaters, jackets, and boots, there is just something about being able to put on a pair of shorts, sandals, and sunnies in the warmer months that makes me seriously happy. No longer have to put a coat on to walk out the door? Truly life-changing. Can hide behind oversized sunnies without looking weird? Amazing. Just slipping on a pair of sandals instead of having to find a pair of socks? Unbeatable.
We have to admit, however, that sometimes it’s really hard to find summer clothes that are comfortable, not too warm, and also good for running around with kids outside. You might want to look cute while hanging out at the park with the kiddos or a family trip to the zoo, but also value something that can stand the test of an entire day with kids.
We put together six outfits that will be your go-to this season and are perfect for everything from picnics to backyard hangouts. So go ahead, channel your inner child and run around with the kids this summer. You deserve it!
Keep scrolling for six mom-friendly outfits for playing outside with kids this summer:
1. Laidback cool: graphic t-shirt + distressed denim shorts + slide sandals
2. Classic athleisure: cropped leggings + sports bra + workout tank
tank / leggings / sports bra / sneakers / belt bag / baseball cap
3. Cute but comfortable: jersey jumpsuit + denim jacket + espadrille sandals
jumpsuit / denim jacket / sandals / tote bag / sunglasses / hoops
4. Trendy and sporty: oversized t-shirt + biker shorts + colorful sneakers
t-shirt / biker shorts / sneakers / belt bag / baseball cap
5. Summer mom uniform: tie-dye tee + pull-on shorts + leather belt bag
6. Casual chic: basic tank + light-wash jeans + slide sandals