It’s hard to believe that we’re about to enter the last full month of summer—but I prefer to look at it like we *still* have a month of summer left! There’s plenty of time for more beach and pool days, and we should make the most of it while we can. I’m still drawn to the swim sections of Target and Aerie because everything is just too cute to ignore (plus, a lot of swimwear is starting to go on sale!).
When I get dressed to spend the day by the water, I often struggle with what to wear over my swimsuit. It can be hard to find something that’s easy to take on and off, and sometimes you need more than just a swim cover-up. That’s why we’ve put together looks that go with any kind of swimsuit you might be wearing, from a classic black one-piece to a fun, colorful bikini.
Check out these six ways to style a swimsuit for an end of summer day:
1. A patterned one-piece: with white shorts + raffia accessories
2. A classic black suit: with a leopard cover-up and a sun hat
3. A high-waisted bikini: with a lightweight knit set + a striped tote bag
4. A fun, colorful bikini: with mix and match tops + a linen shirt dress
5. A maternity swimsuit: with a flowy dress + a sun hat