Like many of you, I’ve been working from home since early March, and I slipped into some bad habits. After two or so months of doing a lot of sitting around and over-snacking, I realized I needed to do something different during my morning routine to start feeling better and keeping my energy up throughout the day. Enter Breakfast Cream!
My mom gave me a French yogurt recipe from Mireille Guiliano, and I’ve made a few adjustments to make it a bit more of my own. I’ve been eating this “breakfast cream” almost every day since June. It helps me stay full all morning, so I almost never need a snack in between breakfast and lunch. I literally look forward to having it every morning.
While it includes a few more ingredients than your average yogurt breakfast, once you whip up this recipe a few times, it will be easy to throw together.
1. Start with: 1/3 to 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
2. Mix in:
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (freshly squeezed or from a bottle)
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil*
- 1 teaspoon of honey (I try to use local when possible)
*Flaxseed oil is fairly expensive, but one bottle will last for months!
3. Then add:
- 1/4 cup of shredded wheat or similar cereal (I like to really shred up the cereal up before I put it in the bowl)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw, chopped walnuts on top (TBH, I totally cheat here and usually sneak in a few more)
- (Optional) Add some protein and/or collagen powder for an extra kick
- (Optional) Add fruit on top
4. And there you go—Bon appétit!