The first day of school is always a big day—new teachers, new supplies, some inevitable first-day jitters. Keeping a collection of your kids’ first day of school pictures is a tradition worth getting creative for. And though school looks very different for many families this year, taking a commemorative first day of school photo is still a fun activity whether your LOs are heading back to the classroom in-person, are being homeschooled, or a combination of both.
Instead of taking the same old first day pic, we’ve rounded up 10 ways to get creative with photos this year—scroll down to see!
1. With a Letter Board
2. With Celebratory Balloons
3. With Their Sibling(s)
4. With Their Homeschooling Set-Up
5. With Their First Day of School Picture From Last Year
6. With a Festive Flag
7. With a High School Graduation T-Shirt (That they’ll grow into a bit more each year!)
8. With Their New Masks
9. With Fun Props
10. With Their New School Gear
Bonus: With Mom (or Dad!)
This article was originally published on August 22, 2018 but has been updated for timeliness.